Sunday, February 28, 2016

Planning My Week - Planning Series [#1]


Hello everyone! Let's do a planning blog post this time. I'm so excited to share my ideas and the steps on how I plan my week.

I've been obsessed with planning way back May of 2014. I have 3 different planners and I'm currently using a Belle de Jour Power Planner 2016. Now I decided to create a new blog series and I'm here to show you how I plan for my week. Let's call this "Planning My Week". I let my creative juices flow and make each page colorful without putting too much details to the eye because when I plan, I plan a lot and I don't like any of my pages filled with stickers, washi tapes, or almost any decorations possible. 

The steps of this "How I Plan" blog post is what I do on my own way, you can follow my steps if you want or simply just do whatever method would you like. Like, you can decorate your planner first in advance before writing in your events or planned dates. ❤️

So without further do, let's get started! ;)


What you need:
  • Your planner. - I'm using my BDJ 2016 planner.
  • Your favorite pens. - I used Dong-A Fine-Tech 0.5 in black.
  • Decorations like: washi tapes, stickers, stamps, and/or embellishments. 
My BDJ 2016 Planner

                           Paper Tapes                      Sticky Notes


1. Write your plans on a piece of sticky note, or on a notepad.
This will serve as your draft and it's repositionable so that if ever your plan will be rescheduled or cancelled, it's just a pull away from your planner's paper. And the sticky notes are also done to avoid messing up your planner in case you plan your events permanently there. However, you can print your own "cancelled" or "rescheduled" stickers to cover up the event (you can make them using MS Word, or even MS Excel), or, you can cover it with random stickers, whatever you like best. ❤️
  Before putting the sticky notes.
  After putting my events on a sticky note.

2. Pick a theme and decorate! 
Right now, I'm decorating and planning my first week of March. I honestly can't think of anything so I just grabbed my tapes and just randomly put it on my planner. Without realizing what I put there, I just noticed that the sushi tape and the carp kite paper tape (known as "Koinobori") are things from Japan. So, I just thought I was doing a Japanese thing. Good thing that I have some other sushi paper tape design as well as the cherry blossom paper tape design. I also added a dog "to do list" sticky note too, because dogs are popular in Japan. ❤️

3. Write down the plans!
So, the last step is to remove the draft sticky notes and then write down your events on your planner! Viola! You have finally finished planning your week. Just write down any future events on your lovely planner, you can also decorate the pages more if you want - it's definitely up to you! What I wrote for the entire 10th week are my school appointments and other errands, plus to remind me that I have to finish some assignments and submit them on the following days. Here's mine, just click the image to enlarge: ❤️


MY TIPS:
  • Save some writing spaces on your planner because you'll never know if you're going to have future events on a specific date but unfortunately, you don't have any space to write to. 
  • Don't overcrowd your planner with such decorations. 
  • Pick pens that don't bleed on your planner, just because the other side of the paper might be ruined. 

There you go, folks! You have successfully planned your week! I hope my steps and tips helped you. Comment below and let me know how you plan your planners, and I'll be very happy as well to read if you have any suggestions. See you in my next planning and/or random blog posts! ^___^




With love, 

4 comments:

  1. Love what you did for this week's spread. Looking forward to how you'll be designing the coming weeks :)

    Rej | thepaperjunkie.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's a pleasure! There's more to come po. ^___^

      Delete
  2. : cute! Love the sushi! ^_^



    http://momiTHiNZ0131.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The tapes are so cute, I really don't want to use them LOL. :)

      Delete

NOTE: Comments are moderated and not published in real time. Leave a comment, question, feedback, etc...

Share this post:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...