Monday, December 19, 2016

My MAMBI Happy Planner!


Hello everyone! I'm switching to a new planner!

It's been a long time since I posted something on here. Anyway, today's post is all about planners. Some of you who had been a longtime lurker of my blog may know how much I am obsessed with planners and stationery and I still do! Who doesn't love paper stuff? 😍

So the year of 2016 will be ending soon and that means it's time to shop for a new planner!! I've always want to have an Erin Condren Life Planner and a Filofax or a Kikki-K (with Sew Much Crafting inserts!!!) But heck, they're so expensive. The last 3 planners I had are about less than $12 each, with the first one at about $4 the cheapest. I started using a planner way back in my junior year of college. Using a planner helped me keep track of the activities and projects I had in and outside of school, plus it helped me not to miss any of my deadlines at school. It's an all-in-one system to put down events, and important dates in your life. I am actually a visual person so I prefer to write down everything rather than remembering it on my mind.


Sometime in the middle of this year, I was thinking of what planner I should have and use for 2017. I currently have a Belle de Jour Power Planner.. It became functional for me, but at the same time, I know I wanted something more. There are some pros and cons about having that planner which is kind of a big deal to me because I am such an expressive person. I hate how the monthly view is only one page and I cannot write enough some important dates in there. Plus, the weekly view in the planner doesn't have enough spaces to write. I hated how the Saturday and Sunday spaces is so small. Like, 2x2 in size. Something like that. I can't even decorate the pages enough since the planner itself is just about the size of a regular notebook. However, I liked how it looked and there are some interactive pages before the start of the months. 

While browsing on my Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and over the Internet, I was thinking whether to get an Erin Condren or a Happy Planner... I'd love to have an Erin Condren vertical version because it has a lot of spaces to write on including sidebars, and notes pages after the end of the month. Plus a ziploc pouch attached to the coil, double sided folder and lots of stickers! I also wanna try out the horizontal or the hourly version. But the downside of an EC as much as I love to have my own is, it is somewhat pricey. I mean, I don't like to spend a $50 on one planner. But maybe someday, somehow, I'll give an EC a try. ☺️

Then I decided to get myself a classic Happy Planner in Botanical Garden! It's cheaper than an EC, about less than $30 each. The planner has lots of spaces to write on, too. The downside of it is that, when you purchase the planner, it doesn't come with any functional items like an EC, you have to purchase their add-ons separately. Those include the stickers, note pages, folders, etc. But worry not, since I got my back on this and make my own add-ons for my HP. The reason why I decided to get a HP not only because it's cheaper, it's because you can remove the pages instantly by just carefully pulling the page from the top near the disc towards you. By the way, HP doesn't have any metal coil. The binding HP is using are discs so you can easily add on everything and customize your own planner! Isn't that great?! You only need a puncher and a scissor to do the job. ☺️

PS: Click each image to enlarge! 

Here's my MAMBI The Happy Planner package! My dad purchased the items from Amazon!

My new Happy Planner and the sticker value packs!

My new Happy Planner and the sticker value packs!


Here's a little walkthrough inside my Happy Planner Botanical Garden...

Botanical Garden cover.

Front page!

Monthly intro!

Here's the monthly intro for December 2016!

Some monthly dividers are treated with foil designs! 

Here's the monthly view.

Here's the weekly view.

Here's the back cover.

Of course my planner shopping wasn't done yet. I asked my dad to order the classic Happy Planner Botanical Garden on Amazon.com, plus I decided to get the MAMBI's sticker value packs too! So along with my order, I chose the HP Value Pack - Color Coordinated. It has 1050 stickers or 30 sheets ideal for weekly decorations or the monthly ones for your planner! This is a great equivalent and a cheap way to swap on Etsy stickers. Etsy sticker kits are way too expensive. About $20-30 for each weekly kit. Say what?! 😳

And the last sticker book I got is an HP Value Pack - Seasonal. This one contains 1557 seasonal stickers covering the whole year including the holiday ones! I also want the other sticker books, the Everyday Plans and the Planner Basics but it was not available during that time. 😔

Here's the front covers of the value packs in Color Coordinated and Seasonal.

Here's the back covers of the value packs in Color Coordinated and Seasonal.

Here's what's inside the value packs in Color Coordinated and Seasonal. Cute foil accents!

Here's what's inside the value packs in Color Coordinated and Seasonal. Cute foil accents!

So that's all for now. So far, I am really loving these new MAMBI products that I have and I'm so sure to patronize their amazing and wide range of stationery for keeps! Let me know in the comments section below on what is/are the planner(s) you're going to be using for 2017? Also, let's be planner friends!

For more information about Me and My Big Ideas, check out the following details below:


DISCLAIMER: All products mentioned are not sponsored MAMBI. All opinions are honest and my own.


With love, 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTE: Comments are moderated and not published in real time. Leave a comment, question, feedback, etc...

Share this post:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...